Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2015

The Wolfpack


what happened to The Angulo brothers documentary best
Away from the pack

Locked away from society in an apartment in Manhattan, seven brothers (named the Wolfpack), learn about the outside world through films. Much of their time was caught on film and is showcased in this documentary.

It’s an unbelievable story that should be told in some way. For some folks, this film is it. The Wolfpack took the Documentary Grand Jury Prize at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.

I wasn’t moved as much. Perhaps because I don’t identify with extreme fans of horror film, I found it really hard to get emotionally pulled in to these characters. I watched the footage more distant than the big screen should allow. For me, this documentary seems more suited for a special 20/20 TV show versus a full film.

Simply put: A fascinating story. Not a fascinating film.

Award potential: It could be a contender for Best Documentary Feature, but I’m not betting on it.
 
The ten buck review: Not worth ten bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment